Come Join Diversified Credit Union!
Your credit union is a not-for-profit cooperative. We return “profits” to our members in the form of fewer fees, higher dividends paid on savings, lower interest rates charged for loans, and expanded services. Join us and start saving today!
Why Should You Join Diversified Credit Union? We offer the solutions you want and the service you deserve. These include:
- Low-Rate Loans – All types, including Mortgages and Business Loans
- Checking Accounts – Three plans to choose from
- Savings Accounts – A wide range of options
- Money Market Accounts – Earn a higher rate without the time commitment
- CDs – All offer a rate increase option!
- IRAs – Two types to choose from
- VISA Credit Cards – With online payments and a rewards program
- Check (Debit) Cards – More convenient than cash
- ATM Access – 1,300 surcharge-free ATMs in Minnesota alone
- Telephone Transaction System – Account history, transfer money, and more with Touch-Tone Teller!
- Online Banking – Account history, transfer money and more!
Friendly In-Office Services
Stop into any DCU office for these additional services from our friendly and helpful staff.
- MoneyGram Money Orders May be purchased for up to $1,000 for a nominal fee from the tellers during office hours.
- Notary Service available to members at no charge.
- Savings Bonds can be redeemed at Diversified Credit Union. However the U.S. Department of the Treasury no longer sells paper savings bonds over-the-counter. Call Toni at 612-321-5301 if you need help buying electronic savings bonds through Treasury Direct.
Did You Know?
Member deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
Who Can Join
Diversified Credit Union serves the central communities of Minneapolis as well as Anoka, Hennepin and Waseca Counties in Minnesota. We also serve several businesses including CenterPoint Energy employees and their families. If you are employed by one of our select employee groups (SEGs), you may join regardless of where you live. We serve the employees and family members of:
- CenterPoint Energy
- Cinch Connectivity Solutions
- CalAmp Wireless Networks Corp.
- Dunwoody College of Technology
- ISD #829 (Waseca Public Schools)
Also, retirees who did not join the credit union before retirement may still join.
All families welcome!
Membership is open to your entire family — including your spouse, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews and adoptive relatives. If you are related to a current Member by blood, adoption or marriage, you are eligible to join Diversified, regardless of where you live.
Once a Member, Always a MemberAs long as you maintain an account and remain an active member you are welcome to belong to Diversified Credit Union for life, even if you change jobs, move or retire.
How to Open an Account at Diversified Credit Union
- A completed Membership Application (582KB, PDF)
- A photocopy of your drivers’ license or photo identification
- Cash deposit or a check payable to Diversified Credit Union.
Bring these items in or mail them to any of our branches.